Recliners and computer chairs are already common to be seen in our house. Either of the two, best power lift recliners and chairs are necessary for the user’s comfort while studying or working. The comfort that recliners and computer chairs brought includes appropriate back and arm support. Its purpose is indeed undeniable.
However, like other materials at home, they also need some appropriate care. It is necessary to know the ways of cleaning to avoid damaging the product itself. It can be frustrating if the color of your recliner or computer chairs fades, and if the leather or upholstery get scratches.
So here, we listed the different ways and tips on cleaning your recliner of the computer chair. Prepare your paper and pen to take notes of the following.
Homemade and Improvised Cleaning Methods
Having a recliner or computer chair with specific material might bring you questions on how to clean it. Fortunately, cleaning recliners doesn’t require too much effort upon cleaning it. There are various ways of cleaning it right, and some of the homemade cleaning methods are listed below.
The use of laundry soap in cleaning can be not too harsh for your recliner or computer chair’s leather or upholstery fabric. Just follow the easy steps below to be guided accordingly.
- Grate the laundry soap and mix the small amount of laundry soap with warm water.
- Apply the mixture on the recliner or computer chair’s surface. Leave it dry.
- Rinse it with clean water.
The use of baking soda can also be an alternative to using laundry soap. Its mixture can help in cleaning recliners or computer chairs.
- Mix the baking soda with water. Equal proportions to produce a thick mixture.
- Cover the recliner with the mixture. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture with a paper towel or use a vacuum cleaner.
Yes, salt can be a powerful thing that can help in cleaning recliners. It also helps to revitalize your recliner or computer chair’s color.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of salt in 3 liters of water.
- Wet the recliner with the liquid mixture. Do not soak it first.
- Then, soak the recliner’s surface with the liquid mixture using paper or towel.
Other Materials that be Buy from Stores
There are various cleaning materials available in stores. Make sure to pick the appropriate cleaning material for the type of your recliner or computer chair!
- Gels – it is mainly used for colored upholstery.
- Polishes – are used to revitalize recliner’s colors.
- Shampoos – can be used in cleaning recliners with delicate fabrics.
- Sprays – are used to remove stains thoroughly.
- Stain Removers – are well-trusted materials to easily remove stains.
Eliminate Specific Type of Stains
Accidentally putting stains on recliners and computer chairs is inevitable. Another frustrating part is cleaning stains is easy but removing stains is quite challenging. To be successful in such, follow the guidelines below in removing a specific type of stains.
- Stains from fruits, vegetables, juice, wine – Mix ammonia and vinegar with equal proportions. Use a cotton pad to apply the mixture on the area with stain. Clean it carefully. Then, rinse the surface with clean water.
- Stains from spilled tea and coffee – Use liquid soap to remove the stain. Apply it on the surface then rinse with clean water.
- Bloodstains – Use clean cold water immediately. Or use a product with active enzymes to remove such.
- Stains from freshly dropped fats – Apply slat or starch on the stain. Leave it for 30-40 minutes then wipe the surface. Use a cotton pad with alcohol. Then rinse it with clean water.