The Influence of Technology in the Gaming Industry
Technology has been booming several countries’ industries over a few generations ago. The genshin impact interactive world map made impact to people’s businesses, livelihood, and daily lives has stayed significant over the years and even until now.
What Was the Gaming Industry Like a Few Decades Ago?
Before online entertainment was established, most people went out to play outdoor activities, engage in physical sports, and even visit neighborhoods to play board games. However, some types of games weren’t accessible to everyone, especially those that require expensive equipment. For instance, some people who want to play basketball can’t play basketball because they don’t have access to courts. They don’t have the materials, to begin with.
But, nowadays, that is not the case anymore. With the advancement of technology, almost anyone can play whatever they want. For example; Genshin players can virtually team up with other players through their smartphone apps.
They no longer need actual equipment to enjoy the game; instead, they’d use virtual items. Chess players no longer have to purchase an expensive chess board because chess is already available in smartphone and computer applications.
On that note, here is the timeline of how the gaming industry grew as it is today and how it was influenced by technology:
- During 3500 BC, different societies and cultures played board games throughout history. The first-ever discovered game was in the First Dynasty and Predynastic burials of Egypt.
- In the 17th century, card games and draught games were played even though New England’s’ Puritans and Pilgrims were against it.
- In 1843, there was a shift from an agrarian into urban living. People’s focus is already inclined toward leisure, and the first board game made known in the United States is based on Christian morality. The board game is called Happiness Mansion.
- During the 19th century, plenty of board games were commercially produced. Advancements in printmaking, paper making, and chromolithography allowed vibrant colored pictures for board and card games.
- In the year 1902, Monopoly was known as the Game of the Landlord. Elizabeth Magie actually designed it. The industry of board games continued to foster from this event onwards exponentially.
- In the year 1970, the first-ever video game, Computer Space, was launched. Nutting Associated introduced this game.
- In 1972, Ping entered the gaming industry.
- In 1975, the Dungeon and other computer games such as Avatar were introduced.
- From 1976 – 1982, Arcades already became well-established. Video games have already been made available for home gaming.
- In the 1980s, computers for home use were introduced, and floppy disks allowed games to become portable.
- From 2000 to 2011, the mobile gaming industry boomed.
- From 2012-2016, there has been a continuous rapid advancement of gaming technology because of further improved graphics, camera, and video technology.
Undeniably, technology has significantly impacted the gaming industry. From enabling more accessibility to more convenience, technology paved the way for gaming enthusiasts to pursue their dreams. Technology not only brought productivity and progress but also taught new generations how to be more innovative, creative, and resourceful. This does not only apply to their academics and workplaces; this also applies to their entertainment.